Steps to Stay Healthy during Cold and Flu Season
REMEMBER: people DO NOT make you sick. It is your bodies inability to fight off the invader that lets you get sick. Follow these rules to stay healthier:
- Chiropractic Adjustments help keep your nervous system and immune system working at their optimal levels.
- Drink lots of Pure Water. Water in coffee and tea is not as beneficial.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Fall/Winter foods like Chili are not as healthy.
- Daily Vitamins A, C, E, Selenium, and immune Builder. Buy your vitamins from doctor’s office. Most vitamins in big retail stores are inferior because they are bought in bulk with more effort put into their marketing than health value.
- Stretch EVERYDAY and exercise at least three times per week for 30 minutes.
- Fresh Sunlight. Get outside for walks so the sun can hit your face and produce Vitamin D. (Windows block the beneficial rays of the sun)
- Fresh Air. Get outside for fresh air. Keep home and office window cracked slightly so fresh air will mix with stale recycled dirty furnace air.
- Use room humidifier in bedrooms to put more moisture in the air if needed.
Take this advice for what it is worth. I have followed these principles throughout my career and have never missed a day of work in 11 years due to illness. I have never had a flu shot either.